Welcome to Digital Willow Ltd, we are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our users, clients and by way, their extended customer details.
Digital Willow are committed to ensuring that personal information is safe and respected and will make every effort to ensure that when you provide information is used fairly and only stored if necessary. We are governed by the Data Protection Act 1998 and E-Privacy directive (2002/58/EC), General Data Protection Regulation (EU)2016/69) herein all known as “Data Protection Laws”.
Where we may collect data
- Any Digital Willow Ltd website;
- Any Digital Willow Ltd social media channel or other official Digital Willow Ltd content on other websites;
- Any of Digital Willows clients or associated client’s social media sites;
- Any of Digital Willows clients or associated client’s websites;
- Any of Digital Willows clients who share data with Digital Willow;
- Any cookies acquired from a legitimate publisher.
It also includes use of any personal information you provide to us via phone, text, email, letters and any other correspondence in person.
It is necessary for Digital Willow to collect personal information as it allows us to improve a variety of services we provide, this includes optimising performance on websites, marketing, social media content creation and help with our promotional efforts.
There are a variety of ways we may collect information, and these are as follows:
- Live Chats,
- Contact us forms,
- Page scraping.
What is a Cookie?
A cookie is a text file sent by a web server to a web browser and stored by the browser. The text file is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. This enables the web server to identify and track the web browser. Most browsers will allow you to adjust your settings to accept or block these.
Where do our cookies come from?
First party cookies and Essential Cookies
These are sent by us to your device. This helps the website remember your preferences when you visit or to help us maintain and optimised our website. These cookies are essential for the operation of our website. These cannot be turned off, but they should be deleted when you close your browser if it is set up to delete these automatically.
Analytics and performance cookies
These help us understand how our website is being used, the number of users on our website, where they come from and the ways we can improve our website.
Third party cookies
These are sent by a third party that provides functionality through our website, for example these could help run video clip.
Some of Digital Willow’s content may direct you to social media sites such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn. These third parties may set cookies onto your browser and they will all have their own policies regarding the use of personal information.
We use advertising networks to show you targeted adverts when you visit. These networks may be able to track your browsing across different websites to provide you this service.
These are stored while you are browsing and get deleted from your device when you close your browser i.e. Chrome, Internet Explorer or Safari.
These are invisible images placed on the site to read the unique ID, this allows the ad servers to be sent a cookie
- URL, server name, and posting method
- Search keyword, keyword phrase, or search engine term
- Time and date, time of day, day of the week, and week of the year
- Number of times the pixel is fired
Using subscription forms, booking meetings, and live chats
When you complete a subscription form via the website or talk to one of our advisors or arrange meetings with us you may be automatically be added to our customer relationship management system. This information will be used in accordance with your preferences and you can unsubscribe from the subscription service at anytime by clicking on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any email you receive or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
What information might we collect?
Digital Willow may collect and store some of the following personal information as it allows us to improve a variety of services we provide and includes optimising performance on websites, marketing, social media content creation and help with our promotional efforts.
- We may collect information about user’s computer and their visits to Digital Willow’s/Client’s website such as; IP address, geographical location, browser type, referral source, length of visit and number of page views.
- The information collected may include names, addresses, email addresses, social media ID’s, telephone and fax numbers and, where specifically authorised, credit card details.
- We may use page scraping technology to collect Potential Customer data from public websites where data is readily accessible and publicly listed; such as LinkedIn 3rd degree connections.
- Use and Disclosure
- The typical circumstances in which Digital Willow will use this information are as follows:
- To market products or services on behalf of our clients and ourselves via email or the internet,
- To improve our clients and our own website usability,
- To improve the relevancy of communications shown to potential and existing customers
- To advise customers of new initiatives, programs and products available,
- Aiding in billing/debt recovery where applicable.
We will only ever collect data that has been listed publicly or made available to us with user’s permissions. We will never use page scraping technology to gather data that is intentionally hidden or private.
We will store data on secure third-party servers such as customer relationship management cloud servers and our own third-party cloud sever. The transference and access to such cloud servers is only accessible by internal Digital Willow employees.
- To the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- In connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings
- To establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk).
All information held by Digital Willow will be relevant to the functions of fulfilling our mission; helping businesses grow with digital marketing. The data will be maintained to the best of our ability in a form that is accurate, complete and up to date.
Digital Willow has made this material available to clients to inform them of its policies on management of personal information. On request, Digital Willow will let its users know what type of personal information we hold in relation to themselves, who we collect it from, for what purposes we hold the information, how we collect it, hold, use and disclose that information.
We will only hold information on our systems for as long as necessary and whether it is relevant for the activity. If you request for your personal information to be removed this will be done within 48 hours and any remaining information will be anonymised for analytical purposes.
Access and Correction
Users may request access to their information held by Digital Willow.
We would encourage that any incorrect personal information is updated in due course.
Security of your personal data
We will take reasonable precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of Customer and user information. Data transmission over the Internet is inherently insecure and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the Internet but will ensure that we have all the correct anti-virus software, security settings and updated systems in place.
We will store all personal information collected on our secure cloud servers. We use a customer relations management cloud server to store subscriptions and some personal data and the access to this is only available by internal Digital Willow employees. The customer relations management server and cloud servers all adhere to directives, policies and guidelines.
To opt out receiving targeted advertising you can easily alter your choices here: for those in Europe at youronlinechoices.eu, or the DAA opt-out site www.aboutads.info or the NAI opt-out site at networkadvertising.org/choices.
Thanks for your time